Friday, September 18, 2015

Cheap Shoe Revamp

Or how to make your shoe go from this...

to this!


The bad thing about cheap shoes - they fall apart.


 These faux suede brogues from the op shop started shedding the fake wood heel on the first wear.  Oh well - I didn't like the colour ( or lack there of) anyway.

And the good thing about cheap shoes...is that you can experiment on them!
I peeled off the fake wood veneer heel ( pretty easy as it was practically evaporating off!) and then I stuffed them with newspaper painted the suede with acrylic paint..it tool a few layers and I really massaged the wet paint into the surface...


and finished them off with some spray clear sealant....

and gold heels...because I had gold paint...but may change it....it's only paint!

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent shoe upgrade!!! That's the good thing about cheap stuff - you can play with it and not feel bad. I love how you incorporated several bright colours. I hope these shoes become faves now. They are worthy.

    ReplyDelete