Friday, May 1, 2015

Poncho Poser!

All this poncho desire and talk of making ponchos and I had to admit to myself - I DO HAVE A PONCHO! I found this vintage poncho in the kids section of an op shop recently. Sorry kids! This one's for me.
I'm wearing it with high necked lace blouse, vintage trousers, flower head band and my new blue suede shoes. Yep. Blue suede shoes.

It was quite tricky to get a shot of the whole outfit which is why I'm down here on the floor. The things I do for you blog readers....

Here's a shot of the shoes. They are, believe it or not, comfy to walk in.  Really. Although I did find they were almost impossible to ride a bike in. (I did manage...just.)
 
Hmm. I spy a rogue block in the shot. Where is the stylist? Who left that toddler toy there? I haven't had a toddler in years! Has it been there all that time? Where's the butler?

8 comments:

  1. Hahhaha
    Brilliant poncho - Sack the butler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he has quit already by the looks of the place!

      Delete
  2. Sorry, I took the butler, but he was useless so I didn't send him back there either.
    Yes, floor shots are the best. Everything is in there. Portrait orientation is so over.
    I love, love this outfit. And I DO believe those shoes would be okay for walking in. That's the beauty of platforms. And why must cool stuff be hidden in the kid's section? So WE can find it, of course! Great poncho!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floor shots are good! It must be tricky getting all of lovely you in photos Melanie - your legs go on forever!!!

      Delete
  3. How you walk (let alone RIDE A BIKE!!!) in those blue babies is beyond me J!
    I have a vintage tartan mohair cape (that's a bit like a poncho isn't it?) I know you would fall madly in love with. I think I'll send it to you...my girlies told me I look like Miss Marple in it (the cheek!) but I know on you it will look gorgeous and beautiful, so no more thinking, just posting. Stay tuned x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are magnificence. And much closer to a toga wearing Lisa Marie than I am -- you even have the blue suede shoes to prove it!! I can barely ride a bike in normal shoes let alone those!! I bow to you. You are an amazing woman. ;-) Happy Mother's Day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Blue Suede Shoes are definitely made for YOU my dear! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete