Monday, December 15, 2014

vintage kaftan birds - still keeping it eco...

I thought you might be sick of seeing Christmas decorations photographed on my kitchen table. So here are the ones I finished today hanging appropriately enough on the apricot tree. (Don't say I never do nothing for youse. I do care, dear reader.)


The fabric is from a vintage kaftan - but panic not! It was stained and unwearable - obviously! Or I'd be wearing it! I love turquoise blue and silver.

The template is on this previous post.

The stuffing was recycled pure cotton stuffing from a friend's futon. The wings are coffee packets and doilies. The feet are pom pom trim.


A flock of them sewn on the machine one sunny morning and finished today in readiness for gifts for teachers and neighbours.I'm sure you could make them sweeter than me!

No comments:

Post a Comment