Monday, June 3, 2013

this week's playlist


making....little and big crochet beads - using embroidery cotton and a tiny needle.
wearing...fake flowers in my lilac hair

Me and Mrs Slocombe...they say everyone has a double!

listening to....Canadian singer-songwriter-visual artist Daniel Romano 
With his Porter Wagoner inspired suits, lovely voice and good old fashioned heart breaking country tunes -  what's not to like??

watching - the doco "Big Star: Nothing Can Hurt Me" which is screening at ACMI at the moment about the band Big Star...


Reading - my signed copy of the WONDERFUL "Life after Life" by Kate Atkinson
The book is shortlisted for the Women's Prize for Fiction. I feel I could almost read this book forever! It's premise is a life lived over and over again, each time the main character, Ursula, has a strong sense of dejavu and instinct that means she can avert the disasters of the previous life - she can live her life over and over again and get it right. She lives through both world wars, has an eccentric English family and the story is just full to the brim with wit, insight, philosophy and evocative historical detail. I'm loving it.

inspired by - all the lovely comments from the last blog. Thanks ladies!

2 comments:

  1. I just finished Life after Life. LOVED IT. And I LOVE your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julianne I love your violet hair (I wish I had looked sooner!). I laughed when I saw Mrs Slocombe, but your facial expression is pure Sandra Dee.

    I like your mittens too -- beautiful stitch -- they actually look like they would take much longer to make.

    ReplyDelete