Friday, May 31, 2013

Hello!



Well. Where was I?

I’ve been absent for a bit. Well, for ages.  I have been mentally debating how to re-enter blogging.

I thought about ignoring what has been happening in my life and re-entering with a craft thing but that seemed to ignore the fact that I feel like we are all friends. It seemed deceitful.

I thought about explaining my absence. Writing one of those cryptic “I’ve been through a terrible time recently” blogs that don’t reveal what has been going on and remain elusive while eliciting many a sympathetic response which help to bolster the spirits.

Actually to be honest those warm comments would be much appreciated and are much needed so feel free to pour forth words of support and wisdom. You could even just simply write “support” in the comment column and I’d feel better!

I thought about being honest and revealing in my post, but as my recent problems involve other people I didn’t feel this would be appropriate. All I can say is that being a parent is hard. Its gut wrenching and scary at times. Those umbilical cords can really still tug at you. It opens you up to the most terrible of vulnerabilities and the most unimaginable grief. Parenting is so multifaceted; like a complex rock face you have to climb. It is at once completely mundane and completely profound. At times, it can be overwhelming.

I would also like to say that being a teenager is hard, Growing up is hard. Transitioning to adulthood, making decisions, finding identity, finding true friends, choosing relationships, breaking relationships  -  is all very hard and scary too. Sometimes all of this can collide and combust and it’s a hard time for all.

So I thought I’d re- enter blogging with a blog post.

Here it is.

9 comments:

  1. Glad you are back. The parenthood road is not just rocky. There are bloody great cliffs and deep chasms. The grassy plateaus are lovely to lay down on for a while, but we don't get to rest for long. This mothering a teen gig is the most demanding job in the world.
    I'm always around to talk and stuff xxxoooxxx Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know we're in it together Liz and thanks for all your help recently too xxx

      Delete
  2. Sending you lots of support through the blogging lines. Sometimes you don't need to go into details of a problem, just shouting out that the chips are down and you need some support is just as good. I have smaller kids - no teens yet, but I remember my own teens vividly and it's a tough terrain. Hope the sun starts to shine for you and yours soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep my own teens were troubled too. Now on the other end I wish I could go and tell my mum I'm sorry for all the stress! If you can still tell your mother - go and do it now!!!

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, what can say? How about hello back, great to see you again? Will that do? I have two teenagers, it can be hellish sometimes, I know.
    x

    p.s. I am so sorry for not getting back to you about those little knitted pot plant covers. I kept meaning to and just forgot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! No worries about the pot covers. I'm not fussed! I've missed all you lovely ladies - so much to catch up with!

      Delete
  4. :-D Big hug and kiss
    X great that you are back X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Support! Support! I'm so glad you're back. I've missed reading your entertaining and informative blog posts. They are always so cheerful and uplifting but I realize you've been having a hard time. Yes, raising teen-agers is a trial. I did it three times and survived and so will you. Hang in there, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teenagers. It is all ahead of me. i have no wisdom but much support. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete