Monday, March 18, 2013

The week's playlist

wearing:
my new Swedish handmade hasbeens with bright tights...

  
reading: Well actually I'm re-reading...

"Persuasion" by Jane Austen...because I just love it! I also love the 1995 adaptation...

making:
going to try and knit this chevron baby blanket pattern from purl bee
 
discovering: The wonderful Kate Jenkins of the Cardigan blog. Her crochet illustrations and creations just blow my mind...I love the anatomical bling and crochet vegetables. She is a woman after my own heart.



listening to: Wanda Jackson! Wanda is performing on Wednesday and Thursday night here in Melbourne. In my excitement to buy tickets I accidentally (?) bought tickets to both nights! Yay! Now if I could just find a way for my little daughter Wanda to meet THE Wanda...
 

 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new shoes!
    I have never read any of Jane's novels. I've tried, but they just don't grab me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the shoes were a bargain. Yay! Thought at first I would change the colour but now I think I'll leave them be. I think if you were to try and Austen then Persuasion would be the least convoluted and most satisfying...or just watch the film. It's gorgeous!

      Delete
  2. love the shoes,they're awesomr...i love persuasion.i bought a copy from a chatity shop in bath straight after visiting the jane austen centre!

    mezz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man reading that gave me Jane Austen goosebumps! The letter declaration in Persuasion is just toooooooo good!

      Delete