Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I felt acoustic


 Acoustic guitars can be real purdy.....




Here's a mock up sample for a future re-sew-cool kit to make a guitar bag-tag....

And for a purdy guitar - check out the glorious Gibson Hummingbird...

which not only looks gorgeous but makes even a novice guitarist, strumming chords, sound as sweet as honey.
And below would have to be my favourite cinematic guitar strumming moment - from the 1959 classic, "Orfeu Negro" or "Black Orpheus". The kids believe that the character of Orfeu makes the sun rise by playing his guitar.




Isn't it beautiful? "Ofeu Negro" won the Palm D'or in 1959 and best foreign film oscar in 1960.

Here's the beaten up, coffee stained sheet music of the title song which I've been carrying around with me since I was a teenager and first fell in love with the film. I stayed up late watching it on ABC tv with my best friend. My eyes well up with tears just humming the tune...
"Will true love come my way on this carnival day or will I be alone with my dream?'...




No comments:

Post a Comment