Monday, November 12, 2012

Finished Tarn Top



T-shirt yarn/tarn top I started last week
Easy peasy knitting on large needles.

Cast on 40 stitches
I did a four row rib band - Knit 2, Purl 2

Then stocking stitch (1 row knit, 1 row purl)knitted to the arm hole,
I then cast off 10 central stitches for a neck and continued (with extra needle) to knit up the remaining 15 stitches on each sided for the shoulders. 
The back was the same but without the neck - simply a square.
The yarn was cut from a 2 metres of cotton stretch remnant. I didn't cut it very well and if I did it again I would seek out more tutorials!

I wove beads into the neck line.

Thanks to Micmac (my daughter) for taking pictures of me. She says that my selfies suck. 

Oh and the"tatt" on my arm is a kids "temporary" tattoo which turns out to be not so temporary after all - which is funny because we each put one on! Now we're the tattoo family!

No comments:

Post a Comment