Monday, September 24, 2012

Fight Dementia Challenge Day 4

In the very first line of this pattern I came across a crochet term I had never encountered before. A quin treble. A few lines after that was another - a triple p.

This elaborate edging was a learning curve for me but once I got going, referred to a few diagrams in the glossary of the book, had another cup of tea, squinted, paused, sighed a bit and then tried again...it all made sense.

My crochet challenges are certainly living up to their title. Today I could feel my neural pathways stretching and growing. I can imaging that they are elegantly rearranging themselves into this pattern!



 
I used my favourite neon pink builder's string today which stays very firm. 
Once I finished my sample I decided it made a good necklace. What do you think? 

2 comments:

  1. This project looks really difficult. The project you chose turned out lovely. I'm still trying to decide which one of your designs I want to try out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I wish my brain looked liked that!! I think someone needs to name a stitch after you... Maybe that is how I will exercise my brain - can't knit, but I could think of names for new stitches...

    ReplyDelete