Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Ned's Needles Follow up

Ned's Needles - a competition to knit or crochet Ned Kelly's beard - was a great hoot! It was lovely for me to be involved in a crafty venture from the town I was born, Beechworth, but left when I was five. The place has a really special significance in my life so it was great to feel connected through this yarn venture!!

The Burke Museum has a photo gallery of the all the entries here. You can see that the crafters were full of wonderful ideas and talented with many skills!!! This is the photo I entered of my piece, embellished with curls of 16mm film, called"First Feature Length Beard"  because the first feature film ever made was "The Story of the Kelly Gang" .
 A big thanks to Anthony for the title and for the posing! 

Here are the lucky prize winners in the categories: 
"Most Realistic", "Most Creative" and "Best in Show".
If you look at the gallery you can appreciate what a tough time the  judges had!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment