Friday, December 9, 2011

Reeling and Wreathing


On the To-Do list: Wreath – make one. Here are some ideas to have me reeling. IF I make one.......... AND it looks okay........ I'll show you. The simple red one above is made from paddlepop sticks found on the happy home blog. Which is also where you'll find a tutorial for this recycled book wreath below.

                                                            
 I love this yarn and pom pom wreath by Ali at one pearl button 
There's a great tutorial for a  multi pom pom wreath here


Below is recycled tie wreath from Good Housekeeping

Recycled jumper wreath from Recover girl

A newspaper wreath from The House that Lars Built


And then there are edible wreaths like the lovely red an white one below from Gwynne Wasson Designs


And some more from food network




 
The marshmallow one would last two seconds at our place and isn't very practical is it? But the cinnamon one would smell spicy and warm.



So the first thing I need to think of is what I have a lot of (besides children and general debris!)
Some other links:
Great green goods and 1000 Handmade



 

2 comments:

  1. I love all these ideas. I seriously need to make myself a lovely wreath! My front door is looking very unchristmassy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous ideas for a wreath .... such creative ideas and so varying. I love the red wreath at the top of the page.

    ReplyDelete