Saturday, November 30, 2013
Don't be scared to cut and alter crochet garments!!!
Well it's not everyday you find a complete crochet suit in mint condition....so much work put into it - beautifully made - of course I had to have it. Alas is was a little bit big, making me look like a saggy baggy Nanna. So I took it in.
I've made crochet garments before from blankets so I have cut and sewn crochet before which probably made me brave enough to tackle this....
As long as you sew it/overlock it/zig-gzag and seal the edges pretty much straight after cutting, you should be okay and not an unravelled mess. Then wear it! Preferably with a pussy bow blouse and big hair.
And as a friend said when she saw me dropping the kids at school, "well, it's not everyday you see someone in so much aqua crochet."









You look gorgeous Julianne, bloomin gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteAqua is your colour I think x
Aqua goes well with my hair! I'm getting more like Mrs Slocombe every day Kylie! Hee hee!
DeleteJulianne you are such a stunner in all that aqua crochet! I wish you lived in my neighbourhood. So glad your hair is still lilac, or violet, or whatever that colour should be called. I am not afraid to take in a bit of knit, or indeed crochet, though I must say that you do a neater job. I'm all for taking things in, wearing and loving them to death.
ReplyDeleteYou wouldn't be able to miss me if I were in your neighbourhood. I sometimes forget how many colours are on me until I'm out in the world.
Delete